A Thoughtful Resource for Fathers, Mothers and the Rebirth of the Family
Coming Home is about commitment to each other. It is about preserving the center of what sustains us as human beings. The center of life together, according to Shenk:
- "The yearning to come home, to be cherished for who we are, is one of the most universal and profound longings experienced by humankind."
- "When our best energies are spent elsewhere, the creative core of human life is consumed, as if by fire. If we hope to restore life together, its character has to be radically reconceived."
- "Parenting, at least for most of us, requires a commitment to downward mobility."
- "Home has become an afterthought, relegated to the fringes of our busy days."
- "Full equality for women and strong, thriving families are not incompatible."
|Call ID||NF 306.8 We|